Monday, March 6, 2017

MORE little girls...

We had a VERY busy day on Saturday.
And Friday.
And Sunday.
Hahahahaha

But let's start at the beginning.
On THURSDAY I noticed my truck 
making a funny noise while braking.
Not every time.
And really hard to re-create.
*The first time I thought it was the radio!

It did it again on Friday.
When Kyle got home, I took him out
for a drive so he could hear it.

He and Rod decided it was my
rear brakes.

Since we had scheduled a trip up to
our feed mill to pick up this month's
feed, we asked Kyle if we could 
trade trucks.

Which meant when Kyle got to work
Saturday morning, he discovered he didn't
have the keys to his tool box.
They were on his OTHER key chain.

Rod dashed over to rescue him.
And I made breakfast.

Then we hopped in Kyle's truck and headed
north to Samsula to get feed.
Bandit had to stay home.
We didn't want her in Kyle's truck.

It was a nice trip, the weather was great,
the feed smells great (it has a TON of molasses)
but it took a LONG time.
On the way home, we stopped in town
and Rod did a blood test.
His protein was a little low last time
so they won't let him donate plasma again
until it tests "in range".

Then we stopped at Tractor Supply to pick
up some little watering jars for my chickens.
(They didn't have any last time...)

They had their Easter Chicks.
Dangerous!!!!!

We JUST got 41 brand new little black chicks.
But we were thinking that might not be enough.
And they had some little "Amberlink" chicks.
They are a sex link, so they mature early
and they lay lots of big dark brown eggs.
And they are a pretty amber color when the
grow up.

So we got 12 of them.
LOL


Aren't they cute?

But they also had ducklings.
I've NEVER wanted ducks.
Ok, maybe for 5 seconds.
But ducks never hit my radar.

Apparently that is not true for Rod.

He asked if we should maybe get a couple.
I told him he was WELCOME to get a couple.
But they are dirty.
And they need a kiddy pool.
And you have to dump and scrub it every day.

But he still wanted them.


You gotta admit.
They are ADORABLE.
All THREE of them!

Tentatively named Donald and Daisy.
But since they are un-sexed,
we'll have to wait and see.


SUPER CUTE!!!!
We ended up segregating the ducklings.
The chicks were pecking their beaks and feet.

Hey man, you got a little something 
stuck to your foot - I'll just get
that off for ya', k?
LOL

Once they are bigger, they'll be able
to defend themselves better,
but for now, they have their
own cage.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Such Fun! (if you like that kind of stuff!) lol How did we turn out so different? ha ha Isn't it awesome? That's one of the reasons I know we are ALL brothers and sisters, and this "family" thing here on earth is just that - here on earth... We'll ALL be together as a family once again - this earthly family thing has so many great teaching oportunities, and we learn SO much be living in a family - how to love, how to be patient, how to look past differences, how to get along with others who aren't "just like us", how to teach, how to learn, how to listen, how to share, how to work, and work together, etc. etc. I could go on and on. But, I'll tell you one thing - I'm sure glad I got to be with MY family - they are the GREATEST! And I'm STILL learning from them! Tell Rod I love his little ducks too! He will have fun with them! :)