Thursday, March 16, 2017

Winter - Again

It's LATE in the year for
us to have frost warnings.

It's the middle of March 
for crying out loud!

But be that as it may,
that's what we've got going on here.
Yes.
Florida gets COLD.
For reals.

Add a nice stiff wind from the north
and its NASTY out there!

Too cold for my camera.
(well, for my fingers to work my camera)
Filling all the water jugs for the many
different chicken cages 
was NOT fun.

I was almost looking forward to washing
eggs when I got into the house.
I wash them in warm water and
it felt LOVELY to my frozen fingers.

We put the garden buckets in the garage.
And adjusted the heat lamp on the 
chicks and ducklings 
so they could stay toasty warm.

And then I made a TOTALLY delicious
giant pot of SOUP.
Thick, creamy, and yummy enough
that Kyle had TWO bowls!

I'll make a batch when I come down there.

No comments: