Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Curbside

Oh Chili's Curbside Ordering.
Where have you been all my life???

It was cold on Saturday evening.
(Cold in Florida terminology...
61 and breezy in South Florida
is COLD!)

Anyhow.
I was sick all week last week.
And it was cold.
And I'd been teaching all day.
And I was tired.

The thought of sitting in the lobby
of a restaurant for 45 minutes or more
waiting for a table
and then sitting there for another 45 minutes
while ordering, waiting for it to arrive
and then eating,
all while listening to others LOUDLY
enjoying their evening
and also while FREEZING
(turn the A/C off people!)
just didn't sound worth it.

I was seriously considering just
hitting the Chick Fil A drive through
and eating in my hotel.
(They gave me an executive suite... fancy!)

And then I remembered
Chili's has online ordering
and curbside pickup.

Decided to give it a try.
I knew just what to order, since I eat
there often (it's just a couple of blocks
from my school).

Ordered a guacamole burger with 
a house salad with bleu cheese and
onion rings.

YUM.

It said it would be ready in 23 minutes,
so I finished up my class paperwork
and then hopped in my car.
Texted "here" when I arrived and 
moments later a nice young lady handed
me my bag of food and I was on my way.

I was in my hotel room and getting
ready to eat my dinner in my nice warm
jammies in a comfy chair while watching
my choice of television show in 
half the time it would have taken
me to get a table!

It was AWESOME!
And I'm hooked.

And then, as a bonus, the next day
I downloaded the Subway app on my
phone and pre-ordered my lunch
and picked it up at the drive-thru window.

All while enjoying my 
heated seats in my VW.

Yup,
I'm spoiled.

No comments: