Monday, April 16, 2018

Behind

As Rod so gently reminded me yesterday,
I'm BEHIND!

It's been a busy couple of days.
Like it always is when you return
from a vacation.
Then you have to catch up all the 
stuff you didn't do while away.

But I'm caught up now.
Mostly.

So let's take a look at my photos and
see what we all missed, shall we?


I bought a new purse!
It was so nice using Nancy's little
red purse, I missed it!
This one is a little larger
and certainly NOT red.
But I like it so far...

And then on Saturday, Kyle and I
got a wild hair.  Rod was taking a 
VERY well deserved nap on the couch.

So we went to Lowes.
Sat in their comfy chairs in the a/c
and discussed our wild hairs.

And this is what resulted.


We had three bottle brush trees that
the previous home owner planted.
I kept hoping they would DO something.
But 13 years later they are still
scraggly, pathetic and just ugly.

So Kyle chained them up and
pulled them out.
Tractors are the BEST TOYS!


This one had a root on it that went
nearly all the way to the ditch!
6 feet of tree and 40 feet of root!
No wonder the tree never did anything.
All the energy was going to that root!


Loaded them up and took them to the street.
(See! I told you I didn't take our Christmas
lights down last year... or the year before...)
LOL


And then we planted four pretty little
Hibiscus bushes.
They are pink, red, pink, yellow(ish).
All have LOTS of buds.
I'm looking forward
to having something pretty along the drive
in the coming weeks / months / years.

They are small now,
but they grow fairly quickly,
Especially since I'm watering them.
And going to put some fertilizer on them.
If I remember to buy some.
Otherwise I'll just go to the pasture
and get some "natural" stuff...
(grin)

It looks better already!
(And a new gardenia bush, but its inside
the fence and I forgot to take a picture of it...)

Yesterday was a nice, relaxing Sabbath.
And this morning I'm continuing the trend
by following my eating plan (started a new
2 week no cheat challenge yesterday and
so far I'm 100%!)
(And down a pound)

Also started my annual T-Tapp 60 Day Challenge
on Sunday which only meant taking pictures.
This morning I entered all my 
measurements (which are DOWN from
the ones I did 60 days ago on 2/15/18!)
uploaded my photos (ick)
and did a 27 minute workout that
focuses on healthy hormones and menopause
management. Which is what I need.
I'll do that one for the next 4 days
and then we'll see.  I have LOTS to 
chose from. Sometimes sticking to the same
one is what I want, and sometimes I need 
lots of variety to stay on the band wagon.

Considering I've done approximately 14 
workouts in the past 12 months, I haven't
landed on the right combination yet...
LOL

Wish me LUCK!