Friday, April 27, 2018

Trails

Yesterday I decided to check the state
of "my" trail that goes from our
back pasture out to the preserve.

We haven't been out that way
in quite a while...
I expected they would be in 
pretty poor shape.

They were actually better than
I thought they might be.
Thanks to the wild pigs
and the neighbor's cows
who insist on coming to the
grass on the other side of our
property to graze.

They actually have a nice little
trail system going!

Not tall enough for a person
on the back of a horse...
but the ground work was
mostly done.

I did some trimming for about an hour
and then some exploring for another
15 minutes or so and then
headed back to our property since
Rod was due to come home soon.


This is mid-point on the trail,
looking west towards the preserve.
This is the part of the trail that
has ALWAYS been really overgrown.
It still needs work...


And this is from the same point looking east
towards our property.
Doesn't this just look like a trail that
NEEDS to be followed????


I found a little friend.
He wasn't as happy to see me....
Did you know gopher tortoises HISS?
Yup, they do.
Scares the living daylights out of our horses.
hahaha

There are a couple of trees that will
require the help of a chain saw weilding
person of the male persuasion.
But for the most part its ready for riding!

YEA!!!!!
(The farrier came this week and the
boys all got pedicures... so they are
ready to go play in the woods with me!)

1 comment:

rktucson said...

cute little friend!