Saturday, October 16, 2021

Sweet Potatoes

 We'll get back to the trip later.
But for now...


Remember the sweet potatoes we grew for fun?
We LOVED having that green shade
out in the garden.
And the pretty purple flowers were a nice bonus.


Kyle is prepping the garden for our fall crops.
First he had to swath all the hemp.
I forgot to take a picture, but I'll get one
later of the compost pile...

And then it was time to get rid of our sweet potato vines.

He only did the first two beds last night.
(there are two more but they aren't as old...)


SEVENTY-TWO POUNDS!
Not all of them are going to be edible,
some are clearly too old.
But there were a good percentage that are
the quality I would buy from the store!

All from a handful of sweet potatoes I bought
at Sam's and left on the counter too long.
FREE FOOD!!!!!

They are now in the tack room, curing for 2 week.
And then we'll have to figure out what to do with
them next. They say they should be stored in
a cool, dry place.
So... not Florida.
Hahahahaha.

I'm excited to EAT one!
We LOVE sweet potatoes!
(And I just got a yummy recipe for doing them
with chicken in the crockpot...)

No comments: