Friday, September 30, 2022

AND... it's over.

 Basically a non-event for our side of the state.
Which is DEFINITELY a blessing.

When you look at the devastation on the other coast.

I taught in Fort Myers.
It is a lovely little town.
They have been hit hard before,
and they come back bigger and better.
But it's still awful.

Our guys will start going over next weekend
to help with hurricane recovery.
This weekend its still simply too flooded.
Not enough areas we can safely get into.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Meanwhile,
there isn't a cloud in the sky.
And normally it is HOT and HUMID
following a hurricane.

But this has been a very unusual storm.

And it is still CHILLY here!
It's still only 76 and it's nearly 2:00
in the afternoon.
I have all the doors and windows open.
(Well, not ALL, I was teaching this morning
and a neighbor was running his chainsaw,
so I kept my office closed...)

And I wore a blanket.

Because I'm a pansy.

Bring on the Cat 4 Hurricane.
But don't go below 72.
(Or 82, really...)


As hoped, the garden perked back up.
Amazing with a little Florida sun can do.

I'm afraid the bananas will take a little longer.

AND

I saw a little pink peach blossom on one of the
new peach trees this morning when I went out
to let the chickens out!
YEA!!!!
Maybe we will get A peach before we move!
(grin)
We have an older peach tree and the thing is a DUD.
It gave us 2 of the most amazing peaches you ever tasted.
The size of a large grape.
But NOTHING since then.
Sheesh.
I regularly threaten to dig it out.
I just haven't.
(Because what if it DID have some peaches?)
And it still sits there and does nothing.

2 comments:

rktucson said...

So Glad it was a non-issue on YOUR side!!

Anonymous said...

Kyle is getting pretty precise with his grinder! It was fun for Greg and I to watch!