Saturday, September 3, 2022

Saturday

 Saturday is a Special Day!
It's the day we get ready for Sunday.....

You're welcome.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.


Nope
I'm not at the beach today.
Artimis (rocket) is hopefully going to launch today.
In about an hour (just finished teaching, guess
I should check my app,....)
but there will be a GAGILLION people at the beach.
(Oops, not going until Monday at the earliest)

No thanks.

But Kyle and I DID go last night for an hour.
It was wonderful.

So peaceful.
I started to type quiet, but the beach
and the ocean are NOT quiet.
But it was peaceful.
Relaxing,
Just what the dr ordered.

On top of my usual life stuff,
I also had some freeze drier drama.

Took out the load of chicken and put in
a load of raspberries and strawberries
I found in the freezer.
They were old and a bit (some a LOT)
freezer burned, but I was just going to
throw them away anyhow...
so let's experiment!

Checked the machine before I headed off to bed
and it was DEAD DEAD DEAD.
Black screen.
No power.
DEAD.

That was... Wednesday?
So I put in a service ticket, put the berries
back in the freezer and went to bed.

Thursday after work I got an email with a video with
a suggestion of how to fix it.
So I, (yes, I, not Kyle)
took the back off the machine,
swapped some wires around, 
and plugged it back in.
SUCCESS!!!!!

So I put the berries back in and...
this morning they are DELICIOUS!

Now I am waiting for it to defrost
(it is probably done, but I'm still in my zoom room)
and then I'll put in the mangos that are frozen and
all ready to go. (I prepped them Thursday morning
before work.)

While those are in the FD, I'm going to thaw
the 8 pounds of strawberries I bought last night,
puree them, then slice the 5 hands of bananas
that are nice and ripe on my table,
pour the strawberry puree on the tray
and then put a slice of banana on top.
Then I have some dividers that will cut them 
into bite sized squares.
(I'll take a picture....)

So.......
HOPEFULLY we will end up with a
strawberry banana bite!
SO EXCITING!

Meanwhile, we are trying to think of yummy
meals to freeze dry for our trip on the 12th.
(That gives me a week to process it...)

Anyhow.
Life continues to be BUSY!
Happy.
Productive.
And busy.

No comments: