Saturday, February 4, 2023

Oh What Fun My Life Is!!!

I got to my hotel room after driving through some
minor rain storms.
(The folks going south were PARKED on the highway
because of a wreck, but we were pretty steady...)

I have to say, I was / am not a big fan of a
Chevrolet Trax. It's a compact SUV
and not a terrible vehicle, but this particular
vehicle has NO blindspot thingie and 
LOTS of blindspots. I was a nervous wreck
the entire drive. 

When I arrived at 4:30, the front desk computer crashed.
So I went next door to Steak N Shake for a burger
to eat in my room (once I got one...)

When I got back, she was up and running and checked
me into my room. I got settled in, got all my computers
set up and ready to teach the evening zoom,
and while eating my burger, the fire alarm went off!
HOLY MOLY that is LOUD!

It was just in my room.
You could still hear it all the way at the other end of the hall.
I was just getting ready to lean over the balcony into the
lobby and ask the front desk lady if there was something
she could do, when I heard it quit.
So I went back to my room.

10 minutes before class started, it went off AGAIN!



So I headed to the front desk.
She came up with me, climbed up on a chair and 
just took the thing down. (We decided it was the battery...)

Just as she left my room, the clock ticked over to
6:00 and it was time to start my zoom.
Class went well.
No more craziness, thank goodness!
And then I headed off to bed for a good night's sleep.
Whew!



 

No comments: