Monday, February 27, 2023

Root Canal

 So...

This morning I had to have a root canal.

She said "So this is your first root canal?"

"NO. This is my ONLY root canal."
(grin)

It went well.
I mean, it was a root canal.
So...
But as well as it could be expected, I suppose.

The dentist was kind.
His nurse was caring.
The numbing was complete.
The procedure was uncomfortable but not painful.
The OTHER side of my jaw was ready
for it to be over, for sure!

And now we wait.

I did ALL the things I know to do
in order to treat the infection naturally
and while it got better, it didn't
go away completely.
So eventually I had to capitulate.

I just hope this isn't the beginning of 
a long, dental trend.
Seems like you have one procedure,
which leads to another, and then another
and so on.
NOPE.
Next time we will just pull the offending
tooth and be done with it.

But for now, fingers crossed.

Oh,
and I can't feel my lips.
Which is wierd.
And a little annoying.

And I get to teach tonight, so we'll hope
it doesn't decide to be painful.
There is always Ibuprofen.
(And oil of clove...)



No comments: