Friday, March 24, 2023

Rocket and the Beach

 We got to watch the 3-D printed rocket
go off the other evening.
They have been trying and trying to get it 
off the ground, and were finally mostly successful.
The 2nd stage didn't light.
But it DID fly!
It was so tiny and cute!

This morning Kyle and I went to the beach
to watch a Falcon 9 go up with another
load of satellites.
It was a beautiful morning!
Lots of people at the beach since its
spring break...


We watched the rocket and then walked a good ways.
(I forgot to turn on my tracker... so I have no idea how far...)
and then we sat back in our chairs and just enjoyed
the beautiful sunshine.
Until we realized we were BURNING.
(hahahahaha)
I could have stayed another couple of hours.
It was wonderful and peaceful and exactly
what we both needed.
(There has been a LOT of "people-ing" this week
for the both of us and we needed our batteries re-charged.)

Anyhow.

I went to the dentist on Wednesday and he was pleased
with the way it is healing, so he opened it up and filled
the space with a permanent goo and when I get home
from Arizona I'll go in and have the crown sealed.

Other than that, it has just been the regular
go, go, go, talk to people, organize people,
help people, feed people, work with people...
you know.

So I was VERY grateful for a quiet day.
(Although I DID talk with a number of folks
today - there is always somebody who needs something.)

Off to pick up horse feed and drop some
dinner off to Rod who has to stay late
unexpectedly.

No comments: