Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Mumps!

 I don't have the mumps...
but it kind of LOOKS like I do!

There's a nice big bump on my lower jaw.

My teeth don't feel any better or worse
than before the procedure.
Basically just the same.

But the lump on my jaw is 5 times bigger!



It's a little smaller today,
or maybe the loose skin around it is less loose?
But the bump itself seems to be larger.
It fits nicely in the palm of my hand.

Unfortunately it is a little tender to the touch.

Like if you put your chin in your hand and rest
it on a desk or table.

Like when you are frustrated.

Which happened about seventy-two-billion times
yesterday at work.

Which elicited a tiny yelp each time.

I put some arnica on it last night to help me sleep.
And it seemed to help a little.

Until 3:48 when I woke up.
And stayed away until 5:24, just before
Rod hopped out of bed for the day.
So when my alarm went off at 7:00
I decided to "preview" (watch) today's
workout first.
Hahahahahahaha.

But I'm proud to say I did actually get out of bed
and do my workout before grabbing a bite of breakfast
and heading to a sister's house to clean it up.
She has been out of her house in the hospital
and then in rehab since mid-January.
There were some serious science projects in her fridge!

Luckily the two ward missionaries also came,
so they worked with me on the fridge,
another sister worked in the bathroom,
another stripped the sheets off the bed and
did a load of laundry,
and the other sister had a migraine so she sat
in a chair quietly in the corner and offered
moral support.
(Kyle also showed up since they elders were 
worried about being there with just us ladies...)
(Kyle picked up on the fridge where the elders
had to leave off for an appointment.)

It looked MUCH better when we were done 
and she was grateful.
Unfortunately though had to head back to rehab.
She will probably be there for another week,
but she wanted to come home, water the plants,
go through her mail, and supervise the cleaning.

So, that's all done.

And now I'm heading to the couch for a rest
before I teach this evening.


I actually think this could help!

No comments: