Friday, April 28, 2023

Oops!

 WAAY too much time has gone by since
my last blog post!
I'm not sure exactly why...
yes, I've been busy, but not THAT busy.

It has been a full week weather-wise...


We have gotten LOTS of rain.


And hail!


It kind of did a number on our green beans.
Took most of the flowers off.
And poked a bunch of holes in them.


There are still SOME flowers, we will still get beans.
But probably not the bumper crop we were 
hoping to get.


Kind of messed up the onions too...
here's hoping they survive.


Kyle and I went over to the church and pulled
SIX wheelbarrow loads of leaves and small
branches. (Somebody already got all the
BIG branches - there were 4" branches
that came down!)
That pile of leaves in the picture is about 6" tall
and sitting on top of the drain!
All the drains looked like that!
And they were predicting more rain...
so we wanted to get those clear so we didn't
have a flood.

We have a lot of old growth oak trees on
our lot so there was a LOT of oak leaves.

Good news: after doing the workout I've been
doing, I was able to bend and pick up all those
leaves with my hands!
And then I pushed the wheelbarrow.
It's HEAVY!

Even empty!
In fact, after a particularly LONG trip
(from the far side of the parking lot)
I asked Kyle to push the empty wheelbarrow
back to the next spot and even HE said
it was heavy!
(He said "Wow! This really IS heavy!
I thought you were just being a baby!")
Hahahahahaha.

Anyhow, it's been a busy week.
It just stopped raining again.
They were saying a STRONG thunderstorm
with penny sized hail, but we managed
to miss that part of the storm.
We got some nice rain, but none of
the bad stuff.

No comments: