Thursday, September 14, 2023

Getting Started

 Kyle got his "telehandler" delivered Wed. morning.


They gave him a free upgrade to a larger machine.
He'd be able to build a 4-storey house if he wanted!


He got it all unloaded and staged for building the house.
Those are the trees along the road.


It's mid-September, so the field isn't as green
as Google thinks it is. (hahahaha)
(that's actually from when it was planted in milo, 
also known as sorghum, broomcorn, guinea corn,
durra or great millet...)


He went into Hill City and got his tractor
from the storage building.
Then he got the house section all prepped.
Next he went into Hays and got all the 
wood and concrete for the pilings.


This morning he got the pilings set.
I had to drive to Tampa, so I haven't
spoken to him since.
But I'll update again when I do.

Meanwhile,
they "upgraded" me again at the car rental place.


Fancy Shmancy.
It's a convertible, but I won't be lowering the roof.
It has a tiny trunk.
But it's kind of fun to drive.