Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Traveling

 Wow.
I forget sometimes that when I text or I
write in my journal,
I STILL need to do a blog.
I feel like I've already "told the story"...

So.


He got all loaded up.


It's a BIG pile!
Then they built some wood sides for the flatbed
on the truck so he could load up MORE stuff.


There's lots of stuff.
The inside of the truck is pretty full as well.
I made him up 24 freeze-dried meals to eat.
So that's 12 days of food.

Plus, of course, he's not going to the moon.
There ARE stores there.
He will need to go into Hays for wood, etc.
so he'll be able to pick up groceries
He has a really large Yetti cooler,
so he can get things that need to stay cold.
And he took a butane one-burner stove and a
cast iron pan, so he can cook stuff besides what
he brought with him.
(24 meals, but not a TON of variety and 
NO fresh veggies - so he'll need to get some...)

He left around 7:30 Monday morning.
Drove and drove and drove and drove.
Found a rest area to pull into about 11, and 
it had a 2-hour limit! WHAT?
So he got back on the road and went to the
next truck stop, but didn't get there until 1:00.

Got up again this morning about 7:30 and got
back on the road again.


He's getting closer.
Hayes is our "big city".
And then the ranch is an hour from there.
But at least I can get them both on the
same screen now!

Probably about 2 more hours.
He must have stopped for fuel and
a bite to eat.

They are delivering his equipment tomorrow
morning at 9:00. He will
use it to unload the trailer and then to build
the house. He has it for a week.
They called him today and gave him a
free upgrade to a larger machine, so that's 
excellent news!
The one he ordered was plenty,
but boys and their toys.
Bigger is always better!

Thank you to everybody for keeping him in
your prayers. 
It has been a good, uneventful, safe trip
(so far, don't want to jinx the last 100 miles...)
I'll keep you posted as he send me pictures!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

That is a seriously big load. No wonder hes only getting 7 miles to the gallon.