Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happy Birthday Soni!

 Happy Birthday Soni!!!

I was HOPING to find some more current photos.
But although we chat nearly every week,
we don't get together often.
And when we do, we are TERRIBLE
about taking pictures!

But we all know who she is and what she looks like,
right?


Hahahahaha.
I loved that shirt so much I went out and bought one
just like it!

I so look forward to our weekly check-ins!
Sometimes we solve all the problems in the universe.
Sometimes we share recipes,
and sometimes we just rag on each other's weather.
But we always end up laughing.

I love that Soni makes the effort to stay in touch.
We've been talking on the phone on Thursday morning
but more than a decade.
I have memories of being on the phone with her
at work when I still worked in Melbourne...
so... I don't know... years and years ago.
(I'm TERRIBLE about time frames...)

But it's not just me - she also has standing
"appointments" with lots of family members
and even friends!
She's so good at talking with people!

I remember when we did the family reunion in Montana.
Jim was an infant!
Goodness, that makes it 34 years ago!
Everybody went inside to do... something...
and Sondra was out by the barn,
sitting on the porch,
chatting with one of the cowboys.
Just finding out what his life was like and
who he was and why he picked this lifestyle.
No surprise she has become the amazing
therapist that she is.
She GETS people!

Happy Birthday Soni!
I love you!!!



No comments: