Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Spoon!

I have been in West Palm Beach this weekend.
Teaching a class - this month they actually
all spoke English! What a treat!

I was also training a new instructor to take
over this location when I move away.
This month he only observed.
But he taught in New York for several years,
so it was more of a review for him.

This new curriculum is brutal!
I'm teaching the exact same material,
but instead of 40 hours, we are doing it in 30.
So instead of slowing down, taking time,
doing LOTS of reviewing and playing games, 
and finishing "teaching" about 5:30 and then
reviewing for the final hour,
I'm teaching straight through from 8:00 right up
until the final bell at 6:50.
It's hard on me.
It's hard on the students.
But we got it done.
And over half the class passed.
(I think we will see pass ratios go down because of it...)

Anyhow.
While we were painting the kitchen,
I was glad we decided to pull out the stove.
Because I knew there was a treasure behind it!


MANY years ago when I was visiting Sondra,
she bought me this cool wooden spoon.
Not for it's spoon abilities,
but because I could hold it and my thumb fit
PERFECTLY in the bowl.
Hahahahaha.

Anyhow, it sat on the top of my stove in the
Palm Bay house, and then when we moved,
it lay on the top of the stove here.
Then one day, it slipped down behind the stove.
And has been hiding there ever since.
(Like for 15+ years.)

I was super excited to see it!
It is now safely housed in a drawer and will
be making the move to WaKeeney with us.

*PS - check out the "Get Wakeeney" page
on Facebook. There are some pictures of the
snow they got last week, as well as pictures
of the fun downtown area when it's all lit
up and decorated for Christmas.

No comments: