Friday, April 12, 2024

Last Day

 This is our final day here at our little
house in WaKeeney until we move
for REALS.

I am loving it more and more every day.
Especially as things are getting done.


This is the living room.
It's not a great picture - the floor is lighter than this looks.


This is our bedroom.
More representative of the color of the floors.
It's a warm brown with a yellow undertone.
(Ha... did that sound interior desinger-ish?)


We pickled Kyle's bedroom floor.
At first it was too "white-washed" and I really
didn't care for it.
But after 24 hours and 2 coats of sealer 
I think it's really pretty!

We only had one casualty.


Somewhere in all those bags of sawdust is the
stone out of my ring.
Guess the vibrations of the machines were
just too much for it.
Good thing I know the lady who made it.
Maybe one day I'll have her replace it.
(But mostly the side with the stone slides around
to my palm so it took me all day to notice it...)

The electrician was here a few weeks ago and
replaced all the electrical outlets and switches.
He had to take out the medicine cabinet from the
bathroom and he did a "temporary" light fixture.


It's a little disconcerting to look up from brushing
your teeth and seeing a hole instead of a mirror.

So this morning while I was doing our taxes (UGH)
Kyle fixed that little problem.


We bought a light fixture, but electricity isn't really
our thing, so it will have to wait.


Starting to look like a bathroom!

I hear Dad got to start a little vegetable/herb garden
there at their new home.

We bought a few things to get started here,
but I think we are going to take them home with us
and bring them back so they don't die from lack of water.


We got two lilac bushes, a rosemary, a lavendar
and a RUBARB!!!
I'm so excited!

Plus we discovered a TULIP patch out by the clothesline.


Everybody has bunches of tulips in their yards
and in random clumps on street corners.
One house has the ENTIRE front yard planted
in multiple colors of tulips.
Looks like Denmark!

Ok, time to do Kyle's taxes and then go pay
the real estate tax on the ranch and a 
bunch of other random errands.

No comments: