Monday, February 7, 2011

BUMMER!

I know…  You’re not supposed to laugh at the misfortune of others… but sometimes you just can’t help it. 
Friday night after school ended and all my students left (10:00) I was tidying my classroom before leaving, when one of my ladies came back in looking distraught. 
I asked what the problem was, imagining her car wouldn’t start or some such thing.
Nope. 
She was in the restroom.  Used the facilities.  Washed her hands.  Dried her hands.  Picked up her purse and her keys.  As she was leaving, she reached over to flush.
And her keys slipped out of her hand.
It was like a Jr. High School swirly.  Down they went.
Gone.  
In an instant.  
Never to be seen again. 
Perhaps eaten by one of those infamous gators that live in the sewer in South Florida.
I didn’t laugh out loud. 
I’m quite proud of myself.
But I’m grinning now!

Rod update...  He is sitting in Missouri (again) waiting for them to load his truck - sometime between now and 8:00 tonight.  Then it's off to Atlanta!  At least that's in the correct quadrant!

No comments: