Monday, February 28, 2011

Here's where I was this weekend


Here is who I was with...




Here is what we were doing...



I got the opportunity to spend the weekend with Teresa Tapp and 20 of her students, filming a special documentary for PBS!  We all got together in Dania Beach, FL (N. Miami) at a fancy hotel and then headed over to the TV studios.

Thursday afternoon was "interview day" for those of us who were there.  I got to interview with the Producer, Maya - she was incredible.  She had obviously researched my story (thyroid issues) and asked great questions to lead me right into the answers she was looking for.  It will be interesting to see if any of it makes the "final cut".  But either way, it was a great experience!  

Before and after the interviews we all hung out in the makeup room - Teresa and some of her staff, and a few of us participating.  It was such fun to just sit there and chat with people I've only met (for the most part) on the forums! Teresa is always so genuine and personable.  We sat together and chatted for nearly 2 hours about... everything!  Horses, kids, makeup, you name it.  (She has a mare who is now 25 years old and so we discussed "aging horse issues"...)

After they were all finished, Grant's Mom (he's the head honcho, as long as she isn't around...) came in and suggested they were finished and we might want to leave...  (I think she was kicking us out - we were having a WONDERFUL time and were probably a little loud...  grin)


This is my friend "Blessed Mama", Trisch.  She is a homeschool Mama (to 9).  We had such a great time chatting!  The final evening I took her and my roommate, Margaret to the beach.  (And I didn't even run them over!  Thanks for the warning Dad!)  Margaret and I had such fun staying up WAY too late every night gabbing.  Even AFTER lights out. 



Margaret & Trisch at the beach

More later - you have got to see the $25,000 poster!

No comments: