Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Forgot One (or two)

I forgot to mention a couple of smiles...

First, the girls.

They are laying all sorts of eggs these days.


One poor darling is laying a MONSTER egg.
(We put it on the kitchen scale - 3.6 ounces!)
And then Bunny laid an "oops" egg.
There's nothing inside but white.


Of course, we get the regular girls eggs
(2.3 ounces)
And then a "starter" egg
(2.0 ounces)
And Bunny's Oops.
(I forgot to weigh it)

Quite the range!

And yesterday, as I was driving to work, I
was running late, missed my turn,
and wasn't really happy.

And then I looked left.



Love me a pretty sunrise!
Put that smile right back on my face.

+++++++++++++++++++++

This morning it was FOGGY!
Like pea soup foggy.
Like the sort of morning I put off leaving the house.
But now that my job doesn't do flex hours anymore
that wasn't an option.

Back when the earth was still cooling
(Rozann was still in high school)
I was living on a farm outside of town with my
best friend (and now famous horse show judge) Trisch.

Rozann came out to spend the night.
We were running late getting her into town for school.
And it was FOGGY.

I tried to pass a slow poke.
In the fog.
And it didn't go well.
We are lucky we didn't get dead.

And ever since, I've been a huge pansy
when fog is involved.

This morning I saw the fog.
Realized I could only see about 10 feet in front of my truck.
And I have to make a left turn at the end of my road.

Yesterday morning at about the same time,
I literally sat there for 2 whole minutes
waiting for a break in the traffic.

You can see left about half a mile and then there's a turn.
You can see right about half a mile and then there's a turn.

This morning I said a quick prayer for safety
and headed to the intersection.
There was literally NO traffic as far as the eye could see
in either direction.

No sooner had I made the turn,
the road was again full of morning folks
heading off to work and school.

Little blessings like that are what make life worth living.
And they make me SMILE.

1 comment:

Rozann said...

ah yes, a morning i will NEVER forget! I pretty much remember every second of that morning. I too am a bit skittish driving in the fog. I let Greg do it and I look down at the book and read! (okay, Kindle - cause it's dark!) I too am thankful for little blessings - and big ones!