Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Smile Some More!

I spend a lot of time smiling.
It's good!

(And gives me an excuse to have wrinkles...)

Smile One:
I woke up Sunday morning in my hotel room.
I always turn on the news first thing.
It gives me some background noise.
And the weather.

The weatherman said to wear a sweater - it's chilly out.
It was 68.
At 6:30 in the morning.
But the day before it was 72.
So, yah, it was "chilly".
All things considered.

Smile Two:
Traveling to and from my school in south Florida
makes me have to drive 122 miles on the highway.
A good portion of which is under construction.
It's AWFUL.
The lanes are all over the place.
There are Jersey Barriers (they scare me).
There are signs that say "Narrow Bridge"
and I drive a big, wide truck.
That scares me too.

And to add to the fun, there's a lip
as you enter and exit the narrow bridge.
You almost get air!
(Which scares me...)
So the smile?

My darling husband drove that highway almost nightly
but in a big, fat, wide, truck full of fuel.
And he never had a problem.
He didn't fall off the road.
Or run into a barrier.
Or fly off into space.

And that makes me SMILE.
He was so blessed while he drove trucks
here and yon for 3 years.
And for that I am so grateful.
And I SMILE.

Smile Three:
After teaching 8+ hours of insurance law (snore)
and then proctoring an exam
and then grading those exams
and then driving another 122 miles on
fabulous highways (see above)

I smile when I see the sign that announces
my exit is only 1 mile ahead.

And of course, Smile Four:

The little girls are starting to come on line
and are beginning to lay eggs!

YEA!

Smile everybody!
It gives you GOOD wrinkles!

No comments: