Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentines Day

I don't know what happened to me.
My Mother LOVES to celebrate stuff.
Birthdays
Mothers Day
Valentines Day
St Patricks Day
etc
etc
etc

She LOVES it!
And she does some really cute, fun stuff
to celebrate.
And it makes her SMILE.
(which means its a good thing)

Somehow,
although we share a lot of traits
we do NOT share that one.

"Special" days are a pain in the neck.
Hopefully over the past 54 years
she has noticed and doesn't mind that I ignore
the majority of "special" days.

Luckily
I married a man who feels the same way.
(Although he likes to do cards)
(Cards make me smile - but then it's over)
(And all that is left is the price tag)
(ha ha ha ha)

Yah
I'm cranky.

Anyhow.
We have a tradition at our house.

Makes BOTH of us happy.

This morning, they said something about
Valentines Day on the news.
Rod looked at me and said
"Oh, Happy Valentines Day!
Wanna go to Walgreens and read some cards?"

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I LOVE THAT MAN!!!




1 comment:

Rozann said...

LoL that's awesome. I love to hang out in the card isle and read cards! I usually leave the store with a few in my hand for those 'special' occasions! But I usually also forget to use them, so I probably have my own isle of cards right here at home! lol