Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Daily Smile

I try to find something to smile about every day.

This morning,
on my way to work,
the truck in front of me
had something on his roof.

No idea what it was.
But it looked,
for all the world,
like a slab of Brontisaurus Ribs
like Fred Flintstones.

Had me smiling for at least a couple of miles.

In other news...

Rod got me smiling yesterday.
Look what HE did!

Before..... 

After.....


Now all he has to do is wrap the bottom
with hinged wire and the meaties
have a new home!

None too soon either.

Before...


Not really "after"...
How about "during"...


Hideous, aren't they?
The poor things are growing so fast
their feathers can't keep up!


Some Do have feathers coming in.
But they look more like turkeys
than chickens.

Hard to believe they are only 3 weeks old!


The other girls (easter eggers) are
growing, but at a more normal rate.
They are pretty cute still.
I LOVE their eye makeup!

We lost one over the weekend.
No idea what happened to her.
But all her sisters are still doing well.
Can't wait to find out what the
random "rare exotic mystery chick"
might end up being.

PLEASE don't let it be a rooster!
I have one Silkie rooster for sure.
He's learned to crow.
It's much quieter than Fred...
but still.

In other, other news,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY!


(With his lovely wife, Lisa)

No comments: