Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Paddy's

Yes, I'm wearing the obligatory green.
I no longer have little children who delight in
pinching anyone who isn't wearing green.
But I have Rod.
ha ha ha

However, that's about as far as my
St Paddy's Day celebrations go.

So, on to other stuff.

Like death and mayhem.
That's very Irish, isn't it?
I just learned that the Irish
invented the submarine, the tank and
darn... something else war-ish.

Anyhow.

Orange (the dud rabbit)
had TWELVE babies yesterday.
She has been saving up.

However,
she gave birth to them
and promptly ignored them.

She is a crappy mother.
And I need her cage space.
Rod moved Red (another crappy Mother)
in with her, but they tried to fight
to the death.
(which ... well never mind...)
Anyhow.
We put Red in with Bob and the juvies.

But Red and Orange are headed to the gallows.
Today.
If Rod can get one built.
And it's not raining.
(They are forecasting thunderstorms
and possible tornadoes today...)

Anyhow.
I was ticked.

But in other news...
the babies are getting BIG!
(chicks and bunnies)

These are last week's pictures.
Because I'm an idiot, that's why...


Aren't they just the cutest things?
This was at 1.5 weeks.
They turned 2 weeks yesterday
and all had their eyes open.
If it's not raining (see above)
I'll take new/better pictures.


And since it's spring on Thursday,
you just have to have chicks!



Gobs and gobs of them.
The yellow ones are the Cornish Cross.
They have doubled in size.
So they got moved to Red's old cage last night.

They were happy to be able to spread out.
And the little Easter Eggers (brown)
were happy to see them leave.
(So they could actually get some food!)
Those Cornish X EAT like crazy!

Anyhow.
Lots to do today.
Have to work and then attend the
Town Council meeting on behalf of the
Trails and Greenways Committee.
(I'm Vice-Chair)
We are re-re-re-re-doing (yes, we've done it 4 times before)
the grant application for a new ADA bathroom
at the Trailhead.
And we need Town Council's okey dokey.
(Since the town is kicking in $)

Hopefully we are first on the agenda.
I can do my "smile and nod" thing
and then high tail it!
I have things to do!
Gotta make some roasted cabbage!
(I don't like corned beef...)
Except my only cabbage is red.
Oh well,
I'm sure it will be fine....
I'm wearing a green shirt, after all!

No comments: