Thursday, March 19, 2015

A Week in Review/Preview

It has been a busy week!
And getting busier...

Let's see.

Saturday Kyle and I were home together.
We went to Samuels' and fed their horses and cows
and walked the property so Kyle could show me
all the work he has accomplished in the 3+ years
he has been working there.
It's impressive!

We did our Sams Club grocery shopping
then across the street to Tractor Supply
where they had CHICKS!
Lucky Kyle was with me or I would have
bought the 5 little Cornish Rocks (meaties)
But since there are 58 little black chicks
in the "grow out" cage
there's no place to put them.

Whew!

We spent the afternoon cooking stuff for the week
and watching TV.  Just relaxing.  Aaaaaah.

Sunday we headed down to Barefoot Bay 
to attend "Twig".  We have Sacrament Meeting
and Sunday School and then, since there's
only one room we can't split out to Priesthood/Relief Society
so we just have pie.
LOL

Our Sister Missionary (couple) made some yummy
peanut butter/chocolate squares that were enjoyed.
But she also made a savory treat that was gone
in a FLASH!
Roll out crescent roll dough in a 9x13 and bake it.
Then cover it with a mixture of cream cheese,
sour cream, mayonnaise and Knorr vegetable seasoning.
Top with chopped veggies (she used grated carrots, some
broccoli and some tri colored peppers)
DELISH!

Several of the sisters requested blessings, so
Rod (the Barefoot Bay Home Teacher extraordinaire) 
and another brother were busy for a bit.
Then we headed back up north to our chapel to meet
with the Stake Presidency representative to
ordain Rod as a High Priest.

He has been attending High Priests for quite a while,
I guess they didn't realize he wasn't one.

And then to another room to be extended a call.

I told Kyle he's going to be the new Stake President.
Kyle said "I'm pretty sure you have to be a High Priest
longer than 10 minutes to be a Stake President.  Try again."
Smarty Pants.

Monday Rod had to work 12 hours, so he was gone
by 5:30.  I was going to get up and feed all the animals
but Kyle said he would, so I went back to bed.
(grin)
Looking back I guess there wasn't much happening.

Tuesday I dashed home from work and whipped up
a batch of fettuccine alfredo (no shrimp though!)
and took it over to the church for the Relief Society
Birthday Celebration.
They had us all split up at tables by birth month.
It was a nice way to visit with folks you might not
normally get an opportunity to.
We had a nice dinner, visit, and played Jeopardy
with Relief Society, the 50's, 60's, 70's & 80's as
categories.
Our table won.
We're smarties.
And vocal.

Wednesday saw the guys at scouts and me at
the kitchen sink washing eggs.  I loaded 24 dozen
into the little yellow wagon and trundled them over
after feeding all the animals.

Ethel (rabbit) was busy "nest building" but hasn't
pulled fur yet, so no babies.  Should be today though.

I made a yummy dinner but it took FOREVER to cook.
Jim came by after work (8:30) to meet a guy who bought
one of the extra dirt bikes.
He has sold 2 cars and a bike so far this week!
HAPPY MAN!
(Dinner was jalapeno/cheddar sausage in a bed of 
roasted yellow squash, zucchini and onions.  Once it was FINALLY
done it was really yummy, but WOW was it hot!  I'll have to skip
the jalapeno part next time...)


(this was one I made last week, used bratwurst... ok,
but too bland... so I need something "midway"...)

Today I need to swing by the grocery store on the way
home and pick up a gallon of skim milk (we only drink almond
or cashew) so I can make some more yogurt.  I strain it
to make Greek and Rod LOVES it.  He takes a bucket
with some frozen blueberries most days as his lunch desert.
And then, of course, we need to walk over next door and
get paid for the eggs.
And hopefully have new bunnies.

The Blue Angels are in town (arrived yesterday) so 
they will be having practice flights right over Rod's
airport and my office.  I might need to move my
computer to the parking lot.
Big air show this weekend.
I'll be teaching.
I hope.
(only 2 students so far... but they sometimes
pull it out of the bag at the VERY end...)

Friday night is the Stake Rodeo out at the
church ranch.  It's always a fun evening.
I haven't been able to go for YEARS since I'm
generally teaching out of town, but now that I'm
local, I get to do stuff like that again!
Yippeeeee!

And then teaching.

Whew!

No comments: