Thursday, March 5, 2015

I LOVE Avocado!

I LOVE Avocado
I just wish I could spell it.

Took me three tries to title this post.
Sheesh.

Anyhow.

Soni and I are happily
Trim Healthy Mamas.
(Rod is a Totally Hot Man)
(tee hee)

I made a DELISH breakfast burrito
this morning.
Saute 2 pieces of turkey bacon.
(I sometimes use pork bacon, but
Sam's had a GREAT sale on a huge
package of turkey bacon, so that's
what's for breakfast this week...)

Anyhow.

Saute 2 pieces of turkey bacon.
Meanwhile spread 1 triangle of
Laughing Cow Lite Swiss on a
low carb tortilla
(or an Easy Peasy Crepe - but I ate them all)
Spread the bacon on the cheese
Scramble a big ol' fresh egg
Spread that over the bacon
Mash up and spread 1/2 of an 
avocado on the egg/bacon.
Fold the tortilla over and brown in butter.

YUM!!!!!!!

So.
In my quest for all things avocado
look what I found!


I'm TOTALLY trying that!

Speaking of trying yummy stuff
I made some No Tortilla Chicken Enchiladas
for dinner last night (and lunch today)
It was FABULOUS!
(Even Kyle liked it...)

SUPER duper easy too!

2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
(steamed and shredded)
1 onion diced
6+ mini red, yellow, orange peppers diced
1 can enchilada sauce
(I'll make my own now that I know I like it...)
2 C grated cheese
(I used a colby/jack blend, but pepper jack 
would've been awesome)

Saute the onions/peppers while the chicken is 
steaming.  Shred the chicken and put it on the
bottom of an 8x8 baking pan.
Layer the onions/peppers on top.
Pour sauce over everything.
Cover with cheese.
Add green onion if you have it.

Cover with foil and bake for 20 min at 350.
Uncover and bake another 10 min.

I did it in the toaster oven
(so I didn't have to heat the whole kitchen.
It was 85 outside yesterday...)

Served with sour cream on top and a BIG
green salad on the side. 
Avocado dressing would have been THE BOMB!
LOL

Enjoy!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

All sounds yummy. Wish I had the gumption to try all that stuff after working all day! You guys rock!