Thursday, March 12, 2015

Daylight Savings

We may have skipped spring this year.
It was 68 outside this morning.
And dark.

I actually LOVE Daylight Savings Time.
Makes life a little confusing for a little bit
since Arizona doesn't play.
And lots of my family lives there.

But the trade-off is SO worth it!

I got home from work yesterday.
Visited with Jim and Kyle for a bit
(Jim was at the house printing up his resume)
and then washed all the eggs.
Got those done and Kyle helped me
deliver them next door.
Then he headed to scouts and I went to
the barn to feed all the animals.

When I was done, it was STILL light out!
Which meant I got to sit in my lawn chair
and read my Kindle for nearly 45 minutes
until the mosquitoes decided to come out too.

The night before Kyle mowed the yard
(looks SO good)
and gathered up all the random wood
so we could have a fire in the burn barrel.

I'm REALLY enjoying these longer evenings!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I was pretty shocked the first summer I was in Arizona that it got dark so early! 1) closer to the equator and 2) no DST. I'm used to it now, and since my work is with folks living in Korea and THEY don't have DST, it simplifies my life to always be in lockstep 16 hours behind them.

Collette said...

Florida is trying to pass a new law to have daylight savings all year! (I would totally vote for that, if only I weren't Canadian... lol)