Monday, April 13, 2015

Beautiful Buildings

Friday morning I was driving to work.
I was in Rod's little Honda
(I had to drive to Miami that night
and wasn't sure what time Rod would
get home from the chiropractor
so I borrowed his car...)

Traffic was backed up at the light.
Which means I had a moment to look around.

And take a picture.

This little house is OLD.
The property is completely overgrown.
There is no backyard.
Or side yard.
They are lucky to have a front yard!

But the house has so much charm
and character!


But what I really liked was the
Methuselah tree in the front.
It's a palm tree that has been
taken over by this long, wormy,
snakey, cactus thing.

Kinda beautiful
And kinda creepy.

Then this weekend I headed back down to
Hialeah (north Miami) to mentor an instructor.

We had a great weekend.
A great class.
She learned lots.
And so did I!
(She's a champion game player - I got
all sorts of ideas I'm planning to shamelessly
plagiarize!) 
(Ok, I was TOTALLY off on the spelling of that word)

Anyhow.

On the way home, I drove up I-75,
past Ft. Lauderdale.
Came around the corner and there it was!


One of the MOST beautiful buildings.
Our brand new Ft. Lauderdale temple.

Ok, not a great picture,
but you do what you can on the side
of a busy highway on a Sunday morning.

One of these days I'd like to make the trip
down and actually go there.
Although it's very similar to the Orlando temple,
it's closer to the ocean, so a single level
instead of multi-level like Orlando.
Ft. Lauderdale members are blessed to have it!

No comments: