Thursday, May 28, 2015

Epic... Fail?

Hmmmmm,
I was SURE I wrote a post in January.
Guess not.

Anyhow.

In January I order some vanilla beans.
Not just ANY vanilla beans.
Madagascar vanilla beans!
From a website called
beanilla.com

It comes recommended from some
Facebook friends.

And when they arrived I went to Sams.

Being a non-drinker I went looking for
some vodka to soak my vanilla beans in.

As I approached the vodka aisle
(yes, there is a whole aisle!)
(who knew!)
I saw the price sticker.
$36!?!

Yah.
You can buy a LOT of vanilla extract
for $36!

Move down the row.
$28
$24
$20
$15
$11
$9.

Yup, that's mine.

So...
"fast" forward to today.


Pretty, isn't it?

I ran out of my store bought vanilla.
So I broke out the 4 month old
homemade vanilla.

Good thing I tasted it before dumping
some into my morning smoothie.

It tastes about how you would think
using $9 vodka.
Lightly vanilla infused paint thinner.

Sigh.

Jim got a good laugh.

Guess I'll have to get some of the
more mid-range stuff and try again.

And a bottle of vanilla extract.

Science:  experimenting, pouring it in the toilet
and trying it again.