Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Turned a Corner (and other random stuff)

I have turned a corner.

I'm not a baker.
Or a cooker.
Or.. accomplished at anything in the kitchen.

I can cook.
But I'm easily bored.

It needs to be quick, easy, and yummy.
And quick.
And easy.

Since starting the Trim Healthy Mama
way of eating, I've been doing more
cooking and baking.
But it still needs to be
quick
easy
yummy.

But I'm disorganized.
I flirt with bulk cooking on the weekend.
But that violates the quick / easy thing.

So I don't do it often.
(Ok, once.)

But.

Last night I made one of my family's favorites.
Loaded Fauxtato Casserole.
(chicken, bacon, cauliflower, cheese in a 
yummy, quick, easy mayo / sour cream sauce).

AND
while that was cooking I actually thought ahead
and made a big pan of brown rice for tonight's
Cowboy Grub!

Woot!!!!

(We are having the missionaries over for dinner and
brown rice takes 40 minutes.  I just barely have
an hour to get home from work, make dinner and 
feed the animals.  The "guys" are on a strict schedule and 
have to be gone by 6:30)

I'm an adult!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Speaking of turning corners.

My truck (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) is 
getting a little older and the window tint is
coming off and bubbling and getting icky.
So if I want to see out of my passenger windows
(like, you know, to turn a corner)
I have to open the windows.

Which is fine.

Unless it's raining.
Or cold.
(It is TOO cold in Florida in the morning...)
(Yes, I DO turn on the heat.)
(In August)
Or hot.
Or raining.

Anyhow.

Guess what I got for my birthday!!!!


NEW window tint!

Good thing they put that little sticker on there.
I nearly opened my windows 4 or 5 times
just on the way home last night!
LOL

THANK YOU
to the men in my life who take such good care of me!
(And my truck)

Also.
(More random stuff)

Introducing "Moon Pie"


(Moon pie has nothing whatsoever to do with
cow pies.  Just clarifying)
Here in the south, Moon Pies are a thing.
You know.
R.C. Cola and Moon Pies.
Not that I've ever had either of them.

No comments: