Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Eyes

They say the eyes are the window to the soul.

I've always been fascinated by eyes.

When I first started teaching my biggest challenge
was that my students were following along in their books.
They were marking.
Writing notes.

NOT looking at me!

After years and years and years of speaking
in public (church) and connecting with
my "audience" through their eyes
I found it really HARD to teach
to the tops of their heads!

I didn't know where to look!

Anyhow.
I digress.

I love seeing people's eyes.
I can tell (usually) by looking at your eyes
if you understand what I'm saying
or if you are just waiting for me to 
stop speaking so you can do whatever
you were going to do anyway.

Check out THESE eyes.


He has the most gentle, kind, compassionate, loving eyes
I have ever seen.

I suspect he is looking at Mom.
And there are practically little cartoon hearts
shooting out of those eyes.

THAT is eternal love.

I love those eyes.
(And the man attached to them.)

PS - for my gazillion non-family followers 
(Hi Katie!)
it's thought Dad had a mild stroke but 
he feels pretty good this morning.
Hoping for further good news
as the day goes by.

No comments: