Monday, May 1, 2017

I Love My Life

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.
(Deep sigh of contentment...)

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Well, it's only 7:30 am, 
so a little early to make an official
proclamation about the whole DAY.
But it was a beautiful morning in the neighborhood.
Sorry Mr. Rogers.

A nice cool breeze was blowing
through the house
as I made our chocolate / banana smoothies
and scrambled eggs with cheese & bacon.

Headed off to work driving the VW
this morning.  (Rod has to pick up some
hay after work so he's driving the truck...)
Counting down to when he drives it daily.
Once my office moves, I'll have (get) to drive
the car every day.

As I was driving along the river,
I glanced up and got to watch the successful
(so far) launch of a SpaceX rocket carrying
a new military spy satellite.
First military contract for SpaceX.
Way to do a great job guys!!!!!

This mission has a goal of landing the
stage 1 rocket back on Earth on a landing 
pad out at Cape Canaveral.

Since they have already successfully landed
it on a BARGE on the OCEAN 
(aka - moving postage stamp)
I'm not sure this is a very lofty goal.
Seems like they did it backwards.
Certainly if you can hit a tiny spot on the ocean,
a big ol' solid hunk of concrete on the ground
shouldn't be much of a challenge...
But they didn't ask me.

Anyway.
It's always beautiful to see them take off
as the sun is coming over the horizon.
The morning sun catches the rocket and the
stark white contrail and makes them shine
and sparkle like nothing else you've ever seen.
So beautiful!
I grabbed my phone to snap a picture to share
with y'all, but it appears my phone did an update
overnight and required tapping OK or something
and then restarting and all sorts of other nonsense
which is a really long explanation to say
NO PICTURE.

But trust me. It was beautiful.

Rod works at our local flight school.
Which is located just "over there" on the other side
of those trees next to my office.
(OK, and like a mile or two away... but whatever...)

This morning somebody was, I don't know,
practicing landings? Just getting started?
Not really awake?
Either way, they were flying LOW!
Like duck and carry an umbrella LOW.
Like I could nearly read the flight instructor's
name badge on his shirt.
(Not to mention the look on his face!  LOL)

Honey.
You might want to talk to them about that.

But it still put a smile on my face.
(And then I got to work and my "files" that were due
Friday (last day of the month) came this morning, which
is good news.  And I got an email that my supervisor
is out of the office today, which is good news...
so maybe Mr. Rogers was right all along!)

*********************************************************

In other news... update on my HUGE class this weekend.
I ended up testing 27 students. 
(new rule, if you don't complete your hours, 
you don't even get to TRY the final exam... 
I had a bunch who got sick,
 had work schedule conflicts, etc etc etc...) 
 Out of 27, I passed... wait for it... 
NINE. 
 Sigh.  
(In my defense, all but 2 of the ones who failed 
are Haitian and don't have a great handle 
on the English language - they did well 
answering oral questions, but reading the test 
was too much for them.  
But they'll get it... if they don't give up.)  
(Either way - somebody else's problem.) 
(More good news!)

MAKE IT A HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments: