Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Story #1 - What is your earliest memory?

What is your earliest memory?

That's easy.

The Calgary Zoo.
I remember it as being Rozann's birthday.
She was LITTLE,
since she was still in a stroller.
That means I was little too.
Maybe 3 or 4.

Anyhow.

Mom brought all 4 of us girls and a gaggle
of other kids as well (as was her habit)...
She was wrangling us all and doing
her usual masterful job.

We went to the children's zoo 
(my favorite part)
where there were some baby bears.
You climbed a set of metal stairs
(like the ones on the old metal slides)
which lead to a metal bridge that looked
down over a pit with the baby bears in it.

We all trooped up there and watched 
the bears for a little while.
I was fascinated and kept watching and watching.
Finally I had my fill and turned.

To find I was ALL ALONE!

I don't remember much other than I must have
found a worker (or they found me) and they
took me to the office.
They offered me ice cream, but I didn't
take it.  I was SCARED.
I have no idea what was REALLY happening,
but I was totally convinced there were men
(pirates) in the back room, they were playing
poker and they had a mean parrot.
I was sure they were going to do something
horrifying to me.

LOL

Anyhow.
They paged Mom.
And they paged Mom.
And they paged Mom.

Turns out, they had left the children's zoo
and headed straight over to the picnic area
(where you can't hear the paging system)
ate their sandwiches and played on the
playground and giant dinosaurs.
Then they packed up and headed back into
the zoo proper where Mom heard her name.

NOBODY NOTICED I WAS MISSING!!!!!
(See, I AM Mufty Mouser... quiet as a little mouse!)

She came and rescued me.
All was well.
And THAT is my earliest memory.

Thanks Story Worth!

No comments: