Thursday, May 4, 2017

Late Dinner

We had a busy evening last night.
Kyle got off work early to update his
drivers license.  
(CDL has to update their medicals)
So he was home when I got there.

Rod went to donate plasma.
So he wasn't.

Kyle and I put the puppy on a leash
and grabbed a bucket and went
out into the woods to do some
blackberry picking.

We were too early.
By a couple of weeks.
But it was still a fun walk!

Then there were the usual chores.
And the guys started planting our new 
trees (peach and loquat).

Pictures tomorrow.
It was getting dark.

And then I remembered it was
Wednesday and had to wash and deliver
the week's tiny egg collection.
Only 11 dozen again this week.
Is it July yet????
(That's when I hope the new girls
will come on line...)

Then a trip to the store for Rod
to buy another hose so we can water
the new trees...

And THEN it was time for dinner.
But I hadn't really planned anything
and didn't really feel like cooking.
(By this time it was after 9)

Luckily I had some frozen fish fillets
and an air fryer!  (I went outside to close
up the chicken coops and Rod was going
to start the fish - but when I came in he said
the box says to cook them for 45 minutes!)
Air fryer to the rescue.
10 minutes later we had yummy, golden brown
breaded fish, some nacho cheese thingies,
and a lovely salad complete with cherry tomatoes
and sugar snap peas. (tomatoes from the garden)


Rod made my salad for me!

No comments: