Monday, August 14, 2017

Happy Birthday To Rod!

Today is my darling husband's birthday.

He has a busy day planned.

First he had to go to work.
And then he had to speak to his boss.
And then he had to turn in
his letter of resignation!

Yup.

Rod is changing jobs!

He has been working behind the scenes
for something like 6 months or more
trying to move across the airport
to another company
that builds executive jets.

One of his co-workers moved over there
a year or so ago.
They have remained friends and Chris
has been lobbying and lobbying
to get Rod moved over as well.

Friday while they were at Cow Camp
Rod FINALLY got the phone call
he has been waiting and praying for.

They offered him the job he wants!

YEA!!!!!!

We are all very excited!
It will be a pay increase.
But more importantly,
they have an 
AIR CONDITIONED HANGAR!

It has been really difficult on Rod
to work in the open hangar.
It's easily 100 degrees in there.
(And it gets pretty brisk in there in our "winter".)

Anyhow.
This was a GREAT birthday gift!
Anything we get him will pale in comparison.
(I can't say what it is, because we haven't given
it to him yet... lol)

Anyhow.
He starts his new job in 2 weeks.
On the 28th.

His hours will be 7 - 3:30,
which means I'm going to need to
get up earlier than I have been
in order to get him his breakfast.

He already gets up WAAAAY
before the crack of dawn.
He's not much of a morning sleeper.
(may be why he falls asleep on the 
couch around 9 each evening...)

Anyhow.
This isn't my traditional birthday post.
But this isn't a traditional birthday.
And I've been patiently waiting to share
this news until today.

But I still want him to know how much
I love him.
And how grateful I am that he asked
me to look over his per diem on that 
fateful day 37 years ago.

I love you my darling.
And I'm so proud of the man
you have become.


1 comment:

rktucson said...

Wonderful news and also a belated birthday to Rod! You did get a great catch!!