Thursday, August 3, 2017

Sighting

We used to spend a LOT of time at Sea World.

We had annual passes for YEARS!

One of the things we loved there,
were the dolphins.

We learned that the dolphins
will do a jump up above the water,
then deep dive,
and then jump for whatever the trainer
is holding up for them.

They called that original jump
a sighting jump.

I have noticed that my little dog,
Roxie, hops like a rabbit.
She is FAST, but she does a lot of hopping.


I thought it was because our grass was 
desperately in need of cutting.

Last night I was walking back to the
back gate to deliver the week's eggs.
Rox was in the back of the property
and when I called her she started 
running up to meet me.

She came around the corner,
did a giant leap up into the air,
and then headed in at a dead run.

I realized she's so short, she has to do
a sighting jump to see what she is
running towards!

So maybe she's not a rabbit.
Maybe she's a dolphin????


No comments: