Monday, August 7, 2017

Weekend Off

I enjoy teaching.
I really do.

But I also enjoy having the weekend off!

This weekend was one of those.

I did a little grocery shopping.
And I did a little cooking.


I made some "on plan" waffles
to eat for breakfast this week.

They are yummy and a little sweet
and go really well with a fresh
Georgia peach and some
fat free cottage cheese.

YUM!

I also made some bacon.


I prefer to bake it.
It goes on a cooling rack on top
of a cookie sheet.


Into a cold oven set at 400.
Let it bake for 20+ minutes.

Rod likes it quite crisp, so the
tray at the back is for him.
And the tray at the front is for me.
(Kyle doesn't often eat breakfast...)

Rod cleaned and then the guys 
delivered our old fridge to the home
of our Bishop.
They have a bunch of kids and
go through a lot of cold drinks.
They were happy for an extra fridge
to keep in the garage.

I also did up a dozen eggs in the
pressure cooker.
Then made them into egg salad for lunch.

And 3 giant sweet potatoes
in the pressure cooker.
We shared one for dinner and the
others are for lunches this week.

(I don't have to make lunches for 
Rod or Kyle this week - they are
out at the church ranch attending
COW CAMP)

Hopefully Rod will take some pictures.

No comments: