Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Catching Up

Its been a busy couple of days.

Kyle, Linda and I went up to Dade City
to pick out a new cow for Linda's place.

I've never been there before.
It's BEAUTIFUL!!!


This is where we went first to pick up
some grass seed for her pastures.

The land was amazing!


It was a beautiful day and a lovely drive.


Then we headed out to meet a young lady
who had several cows for us to look at.

We drove around and looked at several
small herds, not finding exactly what Linda
was wanting to increase her herd.

We FINALLY ended up at a third pasture
with some beautiful big Percheron horses
and a couple of cows.
One of them was what Linda was looking for.
Negotiations,
Face Time chats with her daughter
*in Utah
and the decision was made.


Her name is Bear.
She is a year old, but underweight.
But they were looking for something that
was nearly breeding age and halter broke.

She was only worth about $700, but they
paid more (way more) for the ability
to easily handle her.

Loaded her up and headed south.

That was... Monday? No Thursday,
Monday we drove to another town called
Altoona. Not quite as scenic.
And bought another little girl named Molly.

I think Linda is done cow shopping for now.

Then I drove down to West Palm to teach
a class over the weekend. My favorite size.
12 students, whittled down to 10.
It was nice! But several "questioners" so
I was EXHAUSTED by the time I was done.
AND the TV was broken in my hotel room.
So I listened to books and Pandora on my
phone and didn't get really good sleep.

Monday I basically sat on the couch.
Well, I also made a pressure cooker full of
beef bone broth. Ended up with 4
mason jars full.
The dogs like it on their feed and I love
having "free" stock for cooking with.

Monday afternoon, Kyle KILLED his phone.
He carries is in his pocket and rested something
weighing about 200 pounds on his thigh
forgetting his phone was right there.


Actually, all the cracks and the giant hole
were from a similar event a couple of weeks ago.


THIS is what he did on Monday.
Oops!

So, after he got home, we headed into town
to the Sprint store to get him a new phone.
He can't survive without his Pandora.
Oh yeah, and the ability to communicate.
LOL

Tuesday I did the week's grocery shopping,
went to the RS Birthday dinner at the church and
tried something new!

Back to my pressure cooker.
I ordered a special pan and its been in my
cupboard for a couple of months.


That's my springform pan and my very first
baked cheesecake. I have never baked a 
cheesecake before - water baths and all that stuff
are beyond my interest level.
But this thing was done in 25 minutes!
Super easy!
The hardest part was letting it chill overnight.


It made a great breakfast this morning!

Today I'm washing the week's eggs and
starting making casseroles to put in the 
freezer for the guys to eat while I'm out of town.

(Although, so far I'm sitting in my chair,
writing blogs, eating cheesecake, fried eggs,
air fried okra, and listing to a Baldachi novel
on my phone...)
Better get going!

LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT!

2 comments:

rktucson said...

so... which baldachie novel? he's one of my fav's. I've prob read them all lol

Collette said...

King and Maxwell. Turns out it was ABRIDGED! I hate that! Now I'm on to an excellent Brad Meltzer. Escape Artist. It's really really good, but it's a book, not an audio...