Friday, March 2, 2018

Found 'Em!

My egg count has been a little low lately.
6 chickens get out each morning.
And I generally have 4 - 6 eggs
hiding in the hay each day.

But lately it's dropped a couple.
Which is strange because
it's "spring" around here
and even my colored eggs layers
are starting to lay again.
*I got THREE green eggs last week
after a 3 or 4 month drought.

This morning I was sitting out
on my chair, drinking my collagen
tea and getting my Vitamin D.
A chicken was standing behind me
yelling her head off.
Normally called the "Egg Song".
I guess if I laid an egg 
everyday (or so) I'd want
to tell the world about it.

So later this afternoon I remembered
and decided to investigate.


Bandit was helping.


This is our wood pile.
Why yes, that IS our Christmas tree
you see under there...

It's been too dry (or too wet)
or too windy to burn lately.

Hi Beau-di boy!

Most of it is planks from the
great wood planking day.


This round was a slice the guys
cut off as an experiment for...
something...
it was just laying out in the yard
so the other day I tossed it 
over to the pile.


But if you change the angle a little...


A ha!!!!
Found 'em!
Well some of them anyway.
There are a couple of other spots
out in the pasture I'm going to
have to check out.
But at least I found ONE of
their hidey holes.

*******************************************************

In other news...
I FINISHED my typing assignment today
and delivered it to the Town.

She was really happy to see me,
and had another job she wants me to do!

I'm not sure how much more there will
be after this, but I'll take whatever 
they want to slide my way.
I'm not looking for a part time job,
but it's nice to keep my skills up.

And it's nice to have a little extra $
now and again.

No comments: