Friday, May 4, 2018

South Miami

Here I am...
in South Miami.
For five days.

When I check into my hotel room,
I never unpack.
I live out of my duffel bag.

But this time,
since I'm going to be living here...
it seems like forever...
I went ahead and unpacked.

When Soni came to visit,
she unpacked.
I laughed at her.

So, Soni, I unpacked.
LOL

It's a nice hotel.
With a Red Lobster and McDonald's
right there in the parking lot.
I'm set!

I'm learning how to use the new
technology for how to get my students
registered without paper.
(Except it turns out I need paper...)

We take care of that for the first
10 minutes of the class.
Then for the final 10 minutes we call roll
and do a little paperwork.
That's all I'm here to learn.
Which means I get to then spend 10 hours
in the middle listening to her teach
the same stuff I teach and have been teaching
for the last 18 years.
Snore.
Except I LOVE watching other teachers!
This particular teacher is a kindergarten teacher
in her "day job"... which makes her pretty entertaining
to watch.

I have my computer open and am
jotting down notes of fun stuff she
does that I might want to incorporate
into my class.

There's a lot that I know I'll never
do - it's just not my style.
But it's still fun to see how other
people do the same thing.

Anyhow.

(I also downloaded a couple of books
to my Kindle... lol)

Bet you're jealous!
My life is SO EXCITING!
HA!

No comments: