Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Typing Again....

I'm back to sitting at the kitchen table.
This time though, I printed off the
source document so I'm not trying to read
off my laptop.
Still typing on Rod's laptop though.
It has a larger keyboard.

This time I'm typing up a log of all 
the town's resolutions and ordinances
going back to 1989!

It's pretty interesting!

And fun to see myself being appointed
to the committee I used to be on.

Meanwhile,
I got a phone call from my teaching boss.
He was HAPPY to hear I was 
currently sitting on my couch
doing NOTHING.
(ok, I was eating breakfast,
but since it was 10:30 in the morning
I didn't want to cop to that... lol)

He asked me to drive to South Miami
(yikes)
on Thursday afternoon and spend
Friday through Monday attending
the school of another instructor.

I'm going to learn how to use the company's
new e-Logic where the student is 
assigned a QR code (those funny looking
little stamp things) on their phone 
when they register for the class.
Then when they arrive, all they have
to do is tap their phone to my iPad
and presto! They are all signed in!

Eliminates all the paperwork!
Also eliminates all the "I was here on time,
you can't dock me 5 hours for being late!"
It timestamps when you tap.
No arguing anymore!

And the other instructor is FUNNY!
So it will be a treat to sit in her class
and watch how she teaches the same
stuff that I teach.
(And shamelessly steal some of it, I'm sure!)

I feel a little bad for her though.
I'm the most "senior" instructor
(except Barbara who has been teaching 
since the earth cooled, but she doesn't travel...)
and I imagine it can be intimidating to have
someone like that in your classroom,
watching your every move.
I try REALLY hard to not be,
but I've had other instructors watch me,
and it doesn't matter how nice they are.
It's intimidating!!!

Anyhow.

I'm going to spend the 4 days with her.
Then the last 2 weekends of the month
I'll implement what I learned in MY class.

And then starting in June they are going
to start sending the other instructors
to my class (one or two at a time) so they
can also be trained on the new system.

I think it's going to be FUN!

But I'm going to be out of town for 5 days.
So I'd better get finished typing!

BYE!

No comments: