Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Pioneer Day

It's the 24th of July.
Pioneer Day.

I got an email from Family Search
to let me know I was related to a
Pioneer!

So I clicked on the story.


All about Marion Leslie Stoddard.

And then I clicked on the
"Sources" tab.


And there she was!
MOM!

Very cool!
I'm just finishing reading the entire
Work and the Glory series
again. I have a couple of chapters left.
I'll probably finish it today.
I'm feeling very "Pioneer-ish" lately.

(And then I have no idea what I'll read
this weekend while my students are
taking their exam... but I'll find something.)

***************************************

Meanwhile.
Remember when I joked about
Kyle's building not being done
until August?
Yeah. 
That's next week.

Progress photo...


Woot!
One ... stinkin' ... wall.
(Those are NOT windows up there at the top...
its just where they quit for the day.)

They promised to work last Wed afternoon
and then 12 hours each Thurs and Fri.
But they never showed up.
They did this on Monday.
And another part on Tuesday.
No show again today.

Sigh.

Shades of the mobile home install.

Never hire people in Bronson, FL.
The people there have ZERO work ethic.

1 comment:

rktucson said...

That Pioneer day thing is SO cool! How fun to find that. And then to see MOM on there! How Random and fun! Thanks for sharing!