Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Random Tuesday Stuff

Lots to tell.
And nothing to say.
LOL.

Here, in completely random order is 
all the news that is fit to print.
LOL

1.  Rod got laid off from his 2nd job yesterday.
Talk about burying the lead!
But, although we were both kind of annoyed
about how it happened and the reason behind
it (it really was stupid) we are both actually
really pleased. And feeling extremely blessed.
Remember last week when I said we never see
each other? And poor Rod is always exhausted.
Well, this means he will be able to come home
every afternoon!!!
And his full time job has opened up overtime again
so he will work a couple hours on Saturday.
But YEA!
We get to eat dinner together!
And go for walks in the cooler evenings together!
And maybe even make a run over to the Orlando
Temple (when it opens again)!
And he won't be so tired all the time.
I'm excited.

2. I was really worried about Andy.



He has a terrible nervous thing he has ALWAYS done.
He stomps and paws his left foot, mostly when its
time to eat - like there is a possibility he might 
starve to DEATH while waiting for me to pour
his grain into his manger.
And he now has this HUGE split in his hoof.

It was actually bleeding slightly when I first saw it.

So I sent a text and a photo to my farrier.

(He was supposed to be here 4 weeks ago, but his wife
who is his assistant, hurt her shoulder and they had
to postpone... Andy's feet were quite overdue!
But since we are ALL retired, I don't worry as much
as I used to - he just wanders around in the pasture.
I almost never ride anymore.)

Anyhow.
Dennis came and did his feet.
We were all worried it would require some sort
of epoxy and soaking and... who knows.

But when he really got into it, it's actually
just a surface crack. And while it LOOKS terrible
it's actually just cosmetic.


It's all trimmed up now and he'll be fine.

Whew!
(He spills lots of his feed while eating.
He always has, but it's worse now that he is
31 years old and most of his molars are gone...
thank goodness for chickens!)

3.  I got some hay last year from a ranch near Kyle's.
It must have had some seeds in it.
Because this year I have a surprise growing
out by the cow's hay feeder!



These are purple passion flowers!
Kyle found some up at the ranch last year.
Hasn't seen any up there yet this year...

Years ago my neighbor Chris and I talked
about ordering some from a seed catalog and
planting them along our fence line, but we
never got around to it.

But now... here they are!

However, this week the horses ate them.
Good thing I got a picture!
I'm going to dig up the roots and move them
into a space the animals can't get to.
I love them!

4.  That's it.

No comments: