Monday, July 29, 2019

Whew!

Man oh Man!
That was a class.
I finished up with 36 students.
And a couple that just NEEDED
to talk, ask questions, comment, 
hear themselves speak.
A LOT.

I was EXHAUSTED when I rolled out of 
there at 9:45 Sunday night.

I had a good Podcast to listen to,
so I didn't have any trouble 
staying away on the highway,
but I was asleep within 15 minutes
of getting home!


Out of 36, I passed 20.
Some were super close and should have passed,
but we have to give the test at 7 pm and
they started the day in my classroom at 7:30 am.
(They were working in their workbooks,
don't they look studious?)

On the drive up, Friday evening, there was 
a rain storm ahead of me most of the way.
But I was in the sun following it.

Which meant I had a fun companion.



You have to look hard to see it,
but it was a double rainbow!

The pictures aren't very good cuz I just
held up my phone and hit the button
and hoped I got something other than 
the road, or my door, or the roof...

It was a nice drive and didn't start raining
until after I was safely in my bed in
my hotel room.

This morning I'm doing my "end of class"
paperwork and getting that submitted
to the home office,
then I have to run to WalMart.
My power cord for my iPad broke last week
so on my way out of town Friday I stopped
and got a new one.
But when I got to my hotel,
it had a C instead of a USB on the other end
so I had to plug it into my iPad and my phone.
I sat and watched the battery on my phone
tick down, but the battery on my iPad
barely move.
So then I recharged my phone (takes 2 hours)
(so I set an alarm), woke up, plugged in my
iPad again, then recharged my phone...
I was up and down all night and still only
had about 80% on my iPad in the morning.
My presentation SUCKS my battery dry,
so that wasn't going to work.

I left the hotel early and ran to CVS.
They had what I needed!
YEA!
Otherwise I would have just borrowed 
an iPhone charger from one of my
million students.

Anyhow, I need to run to WalMart and
return the cord I bought on Friday.
And I want to get a little trash can to
put in Kyle's "guest" bathroom instead
of the walmart bag that has been hanging
on the cabinet knob for 6 months.
(I'm the only one who uses that bathroom...)

He just left to head up there.
Hopefully he has a finished building
when he gets there.
(hahahahahahahahaha)
Because ALL his tools are stored in
the front bedroom.
Usually he just piles them all up and
clears a little space for my blow up
mattress, but he keeps accumulating 
more stuff and now there isn't even room
to walk in there.
So I might be sleeping on the couch.
If the building is done, he can finally
put the stuff out there where it belongs!
But I'm not holding my breath.

I'm picking up Linda and we are going
up together. We will stop in Ocala on the way
at Rural King (a WAY better version of 
Tractor Supply) and get me a load of feed
and then head to the ranch.
The cowboys (yup, TWO of them this time)
are supposed to be there at 7 in the morning
with the vet arriving at 7:30.
We need to preg-check all 27 cows,
weigh and spray everybody,
and there is a calf that needs to be
vaccinated, ear tagged and castrated.
Hopefully we will be all finished before
it gets too hot.

And then we will jump in the car and
head straight back.
Linda's oldest daughter and her husband
and 4 kids are arriving down here some time
today. They will stay at her house,
play in her pool, etc. but she wants to 
get back as soon as she can to spend 
time with them.
School starts on the 12th, so this is the
last summer hurrah.

Better get stuff done here!

No comments: