Monday, August 19, 2019

Change of Plan

I drove down to my West Palm Beach school
earlier on Friday than I usually do.
I had an appointment at 1:30 with the
"tech guy" to install my projector on the ceiling.
I've been asking for them to do that for....
about 4 years.

And we FINALLY got it figured out.

So down I headed.

It took 3 people and much humming and hawwing
but they finally got my projector hung
and connecting successfully to my iPad.

However, the surround sound disconnected
itself every time I tried to use it.
So it was back to the drawing board.

Meanwhile.....
It was HOT in the school room.
You guessed it.
The A/C broke.
AGAIN!

This is the third time.

It's frustrating for everyone.
And I feel badly, because it seems to only
break on my school weekends.
The gentleman I teach for down there (Bob)
is the nicest man imaginable.
The landlord is the worst.

Anyhow.

I called my boss.

And his solution was to reschedule my class.
I have 57 people pre-registered!
But, what else are we supposed to do?
So I sent a quick URGENT email to all the folks
letting them know about the change.

And then I hung signs on all the doors
for those folks who don't read my emails.


I put my boss' phone number on it,
cuz I'm not talking to these people!
Hahahaha.
Talked to him Saturday morning and
he said he didn't get any calls.
It will be interesting to see if I get any
students next week.

Meanwhile...
the instructor in the Ft. Myers (west coast)
had a family emergency and while Dan (my boss)
was trying to think about my A/C issue, he was also
madly trying to find another instructor to take her class.

Presto.

Cancel my class.
Run me across the state to Ft Myers to teach her's.
Done.

She had 27 registered.
Only 6 showed up.
But it was a nice, small, intimate group.
They were really nice and super complimentary.

Sunday afternoon, Dan "dropped by" to check
on me and make sure I was ok.
We had a good visit.
AND (bonus) he wrote it up as an official 
"audit" since I'm scheduled for one this year anyway.
(And I hate it when HQ audits...)

Anyhow.
It was a LONG weekend.
I left the house at 11:30 Friday morning.
I didn't get to my Ft. Myers hotel until 8:30 that night.
Taught for 10 hours each on Sat & Sun
and then this morning I drove back across the state.

My trip took me through the little cow town of 
Okeechobee - where they make the BEST cow feed.
So I pulled off the highway for a minute and 
had them load me up with 250# of feed.

Win.
Win.
Win!

I just got home. (It's 3:00)
I'm going to chill out on the couch for a bit.
And then I have a list as long as my arm
of things I need to get done.

But for right now...
aaaaaahhhhh.
I'm just going to sit here.

No comments: