Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Fancy Hotel Food

Saturday night after teaching school
I decided to just order food from the restaurant
in the lobby of my hotel.

But there was literally NO ONE in the restaurant.
And I didn't want to be the one, weird, 
lonely old woman
sitting alone down there.

So I ordered it to go and ate in my room.
(Which I prefer anyway...)

I ordered Street Tacos with pulled pork
and a flour free chocolate torte for desert.
I got to my room and opened my
standard white styrofoam to go boxes.


They say you eat with your eyes first.
And this LOOKED delicious!
No surprise, it WAS delicious!
I could have only eaten 2.
But it was so yummy!

Then, time for desert.


I don't know if the chef was bored...
or if this is the quality they always
send out of their kitchen
but this was AMAZING.
And pretty!

So yummy.

So NOT on plan.

But so yummy!

And really reasonable.
Including a drink and tip, the total was only $20!
(I often spend closer to $28 eating dinner and I don't
ever get anything "fancy"... restaurant steak just
doesn't hold a candle to our own beef and besides,
have you ever tried to cut a steak with those stupid
little plastic knives?)

Sunday night it was back to my old standby Chili's.
There was one a couple of blocks away.
And curb-side is my jam.
While I was eating my Caribbean salad, I was
enjoying it, but remembering my yummy food from
the night before...

No comments: