Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Hurricane A' Comin'...

Yup, it's hurricane season.
And something we all get to deal with
on a yearly basis.
Us personally.
And you guys vicariously.

Sorry.

(But I still love living in Florida...)

Welcome to Season 2019!

Starting with Hurricane Dorian.


So you guys know where we are located, right?
Look for the FL.
Go east (right)
Look for the "nose"
and look just a smidge below that.

Yeah, right where the red hits the state.

They are NEVER sure what's going to happen
until it actually happens.
But as it stands we are looking at a wind/rain
"event" starting Sunday and likely
progressing to a Cat 2 or Cat 3 hurricane
late Sunday or sometime Monday.
YEA Labor Day!

Yesterday Rod went and filled all our gas cans
and also got a 50 gal drum of diesel.

This morning I went to Sam's and got 2 weeks
worth of dog food and toilet paper. 
Hahahahaha.
(Oh the joys of being LDS and having food storage!)
I was also going to pick up a couple flats
of water bottles.
I keep a flat or two around all the time,
and we just ran out.
So I was going to get them anyway...
but now its a little more important.

When I got there... it looked like Black Friday.
Or the days preceding a hurricane.
And the water section was EMPTY.
(Even with giant signs limiting everybody
to only 2 flats each...)

I happened to be on the phone with Kyle.
He is NOT in the "cone".
So he's going to WalMart tonight anyway,
he's going to grab a couple flats for me
and bring them home this weekend.

Let the fun begin!
(Better find my copy of Twister...)
*movie NOT game

No comments: