Tuesday, November 19, 2019

And then it was Afternoon...

The morning started so well!
I was in SUCH a good mood!

And then it was the afternoon.

It started when I went out to feed the horses
around 4-ish.


See the hose connector thingie.
That shouldn't be there.


It should be up here!
Notice all the water...

Not sure who dunnit... but luckily all I had to do
was turn off the ball valve over by the chicken yard
and then this weekend Rod can fix it.
Fortunately it was spewing water into that
big blue water bucket right there...
so when that runs low I'll turn it back on for a bit
and we will be fine until Rod has some time.
(He's working his 2nd job this week - putting
numbers and decals on another plane.)

And then once that minor crisis was over.
I went in the house to make dinner.

Cut up some pork loin into "country style ribs".
(I read the other day that unless they are bone in...
that's all they are anyway and it's WAY cheaper
to buy a big ol' hunk of meat and cut it myself.)

Anyhow.
Those went into my pressure cooker for 4 minutes.
And then I covered them in BBQ sauce and
grabbed my fancy new crisp lid.
Plugged it in, put it on top of my IP and turned it on.
Ahem!
And Turned It On!

Nothing.
Not a light.
Not a beep.
Dead as a doornail.

Other air fryer to the rescue.
And they were still good...

Meanwhile, I hopped on a live chat with
an Amazon guy and he sent me a prepaid
label to ship this one back.

And I ordered another one.
(The original was $1 cheaper, come to find out
it was "renewed". HA! I said I would be happy
to pay the extra $1 for an ACTUALLY NEW.)
It should be here tomorrow.
So... I'll hold off on the lasagna casserole 
until then.

Meanwhile tonight is the meeting formerly known
as Homemaking. It's our annual pie night.
I'm going to make my
Guilt Gone Cranberry Pie.
Rod and I have been eating it for desert all week.
We both love it.
So I'll whip one up this afternoon and bring that.

And now I need to run to the UPS store
and drop off the "renewed" hunk o' junk.

But I'm still in a great mood!

1 comment:

rktucson said...

Good for you (for still being in a good mood!)