Monday, November 18, 2019

Initiated and a REWARD

I have lived in Florida for over 38 years.
(wow!)
And it took this long to finally be initiated.
I'm a "true Floridian" now.

Before - tiny red mark on my nose.
After. The bandaid is bigger than my head! Yes, I got Grandma Stoddard's skin.

I have had my first skin biopsy.
This dot thing has been on my nose for....
I honestly can't remember when it wasn't
there - I assumed it was from my glasses.
But the doc last week said it needed a punch.

So I went in this morning,
had a couple of dots scraped on my arm,
a couple pre-C frozen off my chest,
and a tiny little punch biopsy on my nose.
It was no big deal.
He said the freezing would hurt,
I guess he's never had a bee sting.

Anyhow.

I figured I deserved a reward.
And I had some Amazon rewards from my
hotel stays in 2018 that needed to be used.

Introducing the
Meathly Crisp Lid.


My latest addition to my 
kitchen gadget shelf.
(And it was FREE!!!!! Yippeee!!!)

If you haven't seen one of these things yet,
they were MADE for me.
It's the answer to the Ninja Foodi.
Which is a pressure cooker with an air fryer
lid on the top. But it looks really
unwieldy and tippy and top heavy.

The idea is...
you cook something in your Instant Pot.
And then you take the lid off and
put the Crisp Lid on and you can broil.
Or you can just air fry right in your IP.
I'll keep my current air fryer, because
nobody makes better okra than my 
rotisserie basket in my air fryer oven
and I eat it for breakfast nearly every morning.

But it's not a very successful air fryer.
My drawer air fryer (egg shaped like Mom's)
does a MUCH better job of everything else.
(ie: steak, ribs, roasted veggies... etc)
I've been watching lots of YouTube videos
including a couple of girls I've been following
for several years so I trust them....
and Friday I decided to pull the trigger.

And it ARRIVED this morning before I
was heading out to the doctor.

So I'm faithfully going to read all the 
instruction manuals, etc... and THEN...
Let the cooking begin!
We bought some county style pork ribs
over the weekend, so that will probably be
my first thing... except my friend makes a
killer lasagna casserole in her Instant Pot
and then uses her Crisp Lid to melt and bubble
the cheese on the top.
I made it in my IP and just stirred in the cheese
and called it dinner... I'm excited to do it "right"...  
Decisions, decisions...

Expect more blogs.

No comments: